This Banana Cream Cheesecake is made with a fresh banana cheesecake topped with banana bavarian cream! It’s smooth, creamy and full of the most amazing banana flavor! It’s my new favorite and might just stay that way forever! This cheesecake combines two of my favorite things – banana flavor and cheesecake. It’s no secret that the hubs and I have a love of banana flavored dessert. And ever since I was a kid, I have loved cheesecake. So when I first discovered the banana cream cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory, I knew I was in heaven. The only regret I have in regards to this cheesecake is that it has taken me so long to create it at home! So let’s not waste any more time. You need to make this ASAP so to get started, we’ve got the crust. I like to use vanilla wafers in a lot of my crusts, rather than graham cracker crumbs, but it’d be an easy swap to use graham crackers too.
I personally like that vanilla wafers are a little sweeter and have more flavor. It really compliments this particular cheesecake too.
BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
yield: 12-14 SERVINGS
MY OTHER RECIPES
2 1/4 cups (302g) vanilla wafer crumbs
10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
3 tbsp (39g) sugar
24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (207g) sugar
3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (58g) sour cream, room temperature
4 tsp banana extract
1 cup (240ml) pureed banana (2 medium sized bananas)*
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp powdered gelatin
2 tbsp (30ml) milk
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp (26g) sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp banana extract
2/3 cup (160ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
5 tbsp (36g) powdered sugar
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Fresh sliced bananas
*I recommend using ripe, yellow bananas, not ones that have browned.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
4. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in (see how I prepare my pan for a water bath). Set prepared pan aside.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
6. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until well completely combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Add the sour cream and banana extract and mix on low speed until well combined.
8. Add the pureed bananas and mix on low speed until combined.
Read Full Recipes >> www.lifeloveandsugar.com