Crispy Wontons fried or baked to golden perfection and filled with a sweet, two-ingredient cream cheese filling. Friends, I’ve had a revelation. And THAT, is that SWEET cream cheese inside of a crunchy, golden wonton, equals heaven. Do you ever have the weirdest most random cravings after getting sick? Like once you’re healthy again? I got a stubborn little stomach bug last week and afterwards, my appetite was like WHOA. And I wanted fried wontons. I’m not talking Crab Rangoon though, that’s altogether different. This stuff has a simple, sweet filling that’s just to die for.
Sweet Cream Cheese Wontons
Prep Time: 30 MINS Cook Time: 12 MINS Total Time: 42 MINS
Keyword: CREAM CHEESE WONTONS, WONTONS
Crispy Wontons fried or baked to golden perfection and filled with a sweet, two-ingredient cream cheese filling
8 oz. softened cream cheese
½ cup powdered sugar
12 oz. wonton wraps (packages usually in refrigerated produce section, near tofu)
1 egg whisked with a splash of water
48 oz. canola oil enough to fill a dutch oven or fryer with about 3 inches of oil.
Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese together until well combined. (You can use a hand mixer or a silicone spatula for this.)
- Lay out about 4 wontons at a time and cover the remaining with a dish towel (they dry out quickly).
- Fill a small bowl with water and set near the wontons.
- Place about a ½ teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the middle of each wonton.
- Read Full Recipes >> thecozycook.com